Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES MAY 1, 2012 - TUESDAY =======Ilocos Surian Assn of Hawaii meeting at the Susannah Wesley Community Center. In attendance: clockwise from President Danny Villaruz, Rose Sabangan, Al Sabangan, Amado Yoro, Cesar Fajardo, Antonio Ipalari, Bernadette Fajardo, Loida Yamamoto. No quorum. Topics of discussion: A. 35th Anniversary and the Re-Affirmation on August 10, 2012. To publish is Souvenir Book is an option and must be discussed some more. B. Mrs. ISAH November 17, 2012 - need more discussion C. 2nd Quirino Humanitarian Award - August 2013 chaired by Amado Yoro D. Announcement> OFCC Convention June 10, 2012 Consulate General ISAH will send 6 delegates: Rose Sabangan, Loida Yamamoto, Cesar Fajardo, Amado Yoro UFCH Convention July 27, 28, 29, 2012 Nanilooa Surf Hotel, Hilo. 3 known running for presidents: Bernadette Fajardo, Jenny Quezon, Ben Pulido. I shared concern about the 2 candidates are both member of ISAH. Must have to do something about winning, otherwise it goes to the 3rd candidate. I asked Fajardo if she will continue the Feeding the Homeless as an ongoing project should she wins, Said yes, Feeding the Homeless is a project I have initiated and made partnership with UFCH/OFCC, and other partner organizations and was presente and adopted by UFCH in 2010 Convention in Lahaina, Maui, and I was the Social Action Committee, when I served as Board of Governor 2009-2011, I asked Fajardo if how she will maintain and improve the membership which is now in the decline. My concern is that it may decrease more and more like the OFCC seven-five years back. Our Membership Committee that I chaired set a goal of 3% increase each year both number of units and delegates, but now its beginning to dive, I said that they need a good pr person to work on the membership campaign. I expressed my disappointment of the current leadership that after my term ended in July 2011, I was disconnected - out of touch and out of mind. I am just doing the best I can do in the community service, especially the Feed the Homeless, Adopt a Hwy and the Hawaii Food Bank, for the church, community and my organizations: Ilocos Surians, Sinait and Sinait Alumni.

No comments:

Post a Comment