Tuesday, May 1, 2012

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES APRIL 29. 2012 - SUNDAY---------Early in the morning today, My wife and I went to church as a regular Sunday activities as we both active in the Church for about 37 years now as my wife served as one of the Bishops Committee 1985-1987; and 2009 to date. She was a treasurer of the Womens Organization of St. Paul's, now a member. I am the Chairman of the Board of Advisers, General Chairman of the 53rd Anniversary Celebration Sept 1, 2012; I started in 1988 as an ordinary member, then General Chairman of the 30th Anniversary Celebration in 1989; I was elected Junior Warden [Vice President] of the Church in 1990; then appointed as Bishop's Warden [President] by Bishop Donald Hart, in 1991, reappointed by Bishop Richard Chang, thereafter, and I served until 2007. I took the podium today to my BOA/Chair announcement for the upcoming anniversary celebration. ===========000000========= APRIL 30, 2012 - MONDAY. This afternoon, I joined the Cayetano for Mayor Sign Waving in front of the Hawaii Medical Center. This group is being coordinated by Eddie Agas, Sr. About 5:30 pm, I am at the Institute for Human Services at Sumner St., to do my monthly Mission Day Service, feeding the Homeless. With me are Danny V, Jean J. Cora S. Some of my group members were not able to come due to some other commitment, and some are vacationing in the Philippines. I am the organizer and coordinator of this special project about 3 years now. Serving the community and the less fortunate is my mission, my passion and my pledge to God's serving Him aside from other projects like coordinating Hawaii Food Bank, sponsoring literary contest for the budding writer in Ilokano. It is a good feeling to do these volunteer work. Stewardship of time, talent and treasure - in the spirit of helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment