Thursday, May 10, 2012

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES APRIL 9, 2012 - WEDNESDAY ======== I had a meeting with Larry Ramirez at Zippy's Ewa - Karayan St/Renton Road-Fort Weaver Road at 7pm. Larry is an OFCC director and the Chair for the Special Projects: Adopt a Hwy, Hawaii Food Bank and Feeding the Homeless and by request, I am helping him. He chair the float and fiesta parade committee [with my brother Ely] for the May 5 fiesta parade. I can undertand how tired they were, and, of course, though it was successful, but I just lent my ears when he unloaded his frustrations and his disappointment - as he worked so hard for it - there was lacking in it - not enough support and cooperation from those who signed up to help but did not show up at all. Constructing a float [big flatbed] for 6 candidates supposed to be riding and paraded, put all the necessary design, colorful decoration, and came out only ONE beauty was able to join the parade. Larry is a very consistent and active at OFCC and other groups such as the INCAT, PCCCH, United Laoageneous, San Nicolas Teachers Assn of Hawaii and many more. We want to see him as OFCC president but some reason, he still not convince whether he take a shot or let the OFCC be led by someone that who is not active and participative in terms of Special projects - that someone was allegedly pushed and allegedly heavily supported by certain groups. I asked him again if he consider to run, he just gave me a good smile, and with a soft and low voice: I will be retiring like you are 'padre', I want to enjoy my time with my family.=========Again, I can feel his frustation as his expectation was not met - and when credit is given - given to those who never bother to do something - tay pagsasaon: siak ti nagluto, iba ang kumain.======yaradom ta ulom kayong, dikanto latta makapudpudno. I gave him a second look, he is serious what he just uttered. I understand. It happened most of the time. Credit was not given to whom is due. Sometimes, leadership was so selective, uray no naiwamon ti taraon ta isakmolmon, patalawendaka pay la iti tugaw ! Aysusmariakospen! Ipandakan iti suli wenno ig-igid ti diding !=======Kunak iti unegko: saan met la a sisiak gayam ti malokloko. Nabang-aranak. Bagay, I just do what I can do to continue to provide my service and to work on my mission service: to do my best, for my community, my church and for God's name.====As of tonight,my role as a co-chair for Nominations and Elections for this 2012 OFCC Annual Convention - searching for candidates is what I am tryng to accomplish. OFCC leadership shall be in good hand. I still love OFCC. Its part of me since 1971 as an ordinary member of Gumil Hawaii and Ilocos Surian, Sinaitenians, and I had the opportunity to serve as 2nd vice president in 1980; 1st vice president in 1981; then OFCC president 1982. Modesty aside, I served in various committees, including but not limited to Membership, Social ACtion, Publicity, media, Sakada, Newsletter, Scholarship, Special projects and most, the Nomination and Elections Committee until this time-------As a personal passion, I say: Serving in the Spirit of Volunteerism: Do and Make a Difference---so Help me God .

1 comment: