Monday, September 29, 2014

MY COMMENT AND RECOMMENDATION ABOUT THE 2014 OFCC AFFIRMATION FLYER DRAFETD BY THE EVENT COMMITTEE

MY COMMENT ON THE OFCC REAFFIRMATION FLYER 2014========== Re: request to reemail me the draft OFCC Flyer Personal Amado Yoro Sep 28 at 10:02 PM To Amado Yoro Jun Abinsay Danny Villaruz Sirs For your information that I made some comments for the following: 1. Incomplete logo 2. Polynesian canoe for the Pacific Voyaging Society 3. word AFFIRMATION is missing 4. OFCC mission/vision seems to be abandoned Amado From: Amado Yoro To: Jean Jeremiah Cc: Alex Vergara ; Amado Yoro Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2014 8:38 PM Subject: Re: request to reemail me the draft OFCC Flyer I am FOR THE EVENT per Committee set-up. I just want to share may humble opinion. Comment Draft OFCC Flyer 2014 Thanks for sharing: Good, it is draft. My apologies for not able to attend committee meetings. I missed meetings for so many weeks, even month now. Thank you for including me in the loop. There must be a good rationale why the draft was came as is now presented as a ‘draft’. I commend the members of the committee that always be there for an open discussions. I ADMIT, I MISSED ALL THOSE. NOW, May I share my humble thought and suggestion for the committee’s consideration. As a draft, the LOGO is incomplete: Our existing OFCC logo has the Oahu map inside; there should be 2 supportings shorter rays each ray ==================== The illustration is a canoe SYMBOL/THE POLYNESIAN CANOE VOYAGING: the Hokulea used by the Polynesian during their navigation in the early 300-800 CE way way back before the FIRST 15 FILIPINOS arrived in Honolulu Port via SS Doric, a British vessel, on Dec 20, 1906. Polynesian Voyaging Society with their theme: One Ocean, One Island Earth. ========================= May I simply suggest that we can get away in duplicating the Polynesian symbol or property of a certain ethnic group. ========================== Lets strictly translate our Mission/vision of OFCC: to preserve, promote the Filipino tradition and cultural heritage. We came from a rich culture with rich in arts, we came from a nipa hut, a cogon hut. Lets keep the true spirit of ‘bayanihan’ in the spirit of Filipinism. True, we are in this multi-ethnic society with different colors, different background and different beliefs which make Hawaii a unique place called the Crossroad of the Pacific and the MELTING POT OF THE PACIFIC. =============================== Positive Directions and Good Intentions---is a very good motto or slogan or a theme. Thanks. =========================== Another observation: OFCC Affirmation Isn’t supposed to be Reaffirmation as always incorporated in the previous years. Just a simple observation that caught my eyes in this. ====================== The OFCC officers were already took the took office at the end of the day of the June 2014 annual convention, appropriately, I believe the term reaffirmation is very appropriate and applicable into the event. ======================= At any rate, decision of the majority is always prevail. ===================== Good luck and good day. I will be NOT BE at the meeting because the FEEDING THE HOMELESS PROJECT that most of you now know that this is a regular activity under OFCC Special Projects. Amado From: Jean Jeremiah To: Amado Yoro Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:09 PM Subject: Re: request to reemail me the draft OFCC Flyer Manong Amado. I've been cleaning up my email messages since last week. I must have deleted the flyer too because I can't find it. Sorry. Jean Jeremiah OFCC Immediate Past President 2012-2014 387-5481 On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Amado Yoro wrote: Aloha, I have a request to ask you, please re-email me the copy with attachment of the OFCC Flyer for the Reaffirmation. I got it via my trash bin, but when I want to read back, apparently, its gone. I would like to read again and may offer some comment. Thank you Amado

No comments:

Post a Comment