Saturday, April 28, 2012

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES APRIL 28, 2012 SATURDAY ------About 7am this morning, my wife G, dropped me off in front of the KFC parking lot, Kapolei, as Eddie Agas, Sr. told me to meet with other volunteers in the Graffiti Paint Out Buster Project. I know it still early for the assembly time will 8am. Thus, I went to McDo and have a breakfast and cup of coffee. About 7:45am, I walked down to Chevron, Starbucks, Social Security Office parking lot across KFC where group of volinteers representing various organizations such as Cayetano group, Honokai Hale group, Rotary group, Filipino Action Group, Kapolei Community group, Honolulu Police Dept, others, will meet. I met Larry B, Marrieta B, and Harold. Larry and Marrieta are in Kapolei, Harold is a member of Rotary Club, then, Harold introduced me to Arnold. More volunteers arrived and the HPD representative. Cans of paints, paint brushes, rollers, gloves, trash bags and other graffiti painting supplies were delivered. Wasted no time, we started the paint out of the Bus Shelters. It was 10:15am when we finished our assigned Bus Shelter. HPD took group pictures. It was a good feeling that, as always, I served my community in my simple way in the spirit of voluntarism and community service. Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment