Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT ACTIVITIES

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT ACTIVITIES

APRIL 17, 2012 - TUESDAY
I wrote and sent my 2 articles ti TJ and IT

I wrote my article about the Honolulu Singing Diplomat, the Deputy Consul General Paul Raymund Cortes of the Philippine Consulate General in Honolulu, Hawaii. Mr. Cortes is very good person and government foreign service representative. Very active in the Filipino community. He was born in Baguio City and claimed also has a root connection from Laoag City. Last time I met him, sitting in a same table at the 13th anniversary of INCAT and their installation of officers. Mr. Cortes served as the installing officer for INCAT that evening of March 31, 2012 at the Ala Moana Hotel.

I received an email from Prescillano N. Bermudez, Pedro Bucaneg Awardee, congratulating me about the AMMAFLA.

I received a call from Danny Villaruz, former OFCC president, now the Chairman of the Oahu Filipino Community Council [OFCC] Past Presidents, asking my opinion in holding another Council meeting, and I said: its about time again to discuss some issues about the OFCC activities and the upcoming convention/election on June 10, 2012 at the Philippine Consulate General.

As always OFCC is facing some challenges: in membership, in leadership, in fund, and participations.

Special projects such as Feed the Homeless, Adopt a Hwy, Hawaii Food Bank and fundraising are very much active.

Danny is chairing the Nomination and Election Committee with Ilalo Parayno and myself, also OFCC past president and members of the OFCCPPC.

Danny is running for the House of Representatives District 31. He ran in 2010 but lost by 500 votes.

Danny is one of the Filipino-Americans who are running for public office like in the person of former Benjamin Cayetano, for mayor; Ron Menor, Joey Manahan, E.J. dela Cruz, Kimberly Pine, Alex Santiago, Rosebella Martinez, for council; Michael Magaoay, Alex Sonson, for Senate; Romy Cachola for House, just to name a few.

August 11 is the primary election, November 6, 2012 is the general election.

No comments:

Post a Comment