Thursday, April 19, 2012

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES

MY PERSONAL JOURNAL AND IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER ACITIVITES

Amado I. Yoro
Volunteer of the Year 2001-2003 OFCC
Thomas Jefferson Award 1988
Pride of Waipahu 1987

APRIL 18, 2012 WEDNESDAY

By invitation by the ED CASE CAMPAIGN for US Senate [see below], Danny Villaruz and I went to help other volunteers in sign waving in front of the Kapalama Elementary School.

I have a great respect to Ed. He is intelligent, practical, friendly and he knows people new and old friends.

I met some old friends like Christine, Jimmy, George, Tish, who volunteered when he ran for US Congress a couple of years back.

I met Rep. John Mizuno and greeted each other. John is one of the volunteers in my group as I chaired the Adopt a Hwy and Grafitti Buster Project in the Kalihi St. and Kalihi area when I was an OFCC director 2007-2009.


======00000=====


BELOW IS AN EMAIL FROM ED CASE HEADQUARTER:


April 18, 2012

Dear Friend:
A reminder that we're kicking off our statewide Pau Hana with Ed community events in Kalihi today, Wednesday, April 18th, 5:30-7:30PM, at Kapalama Elementary School, 1601 N. School Street just makai of Kam. Shopping Center. Questions: coordinator@edcase.com or 596-4920.

Next week we're continuing with another on Maui. Here are the details:
Pau Hana with Ed/Maui
Monday, April 23rd, 5:30-7:30PM
Vineyard Food Company
1951 E. Vineyard Street, Wailuku

Questions/RSVP: Caleb Rowe, Maui Coordinator, maui@edcase.com, 344-5848
Whether you already support my Senate candidacy or are still thinking about it, please come talk story with me personally, enjoy good food and refreshments, and bring your friends and family. Please forward this along to folks on O'ahu and Maui as well.

I look forward to seeing you and yours at one of our Pau Hanas or along our campaign trail. I'm grateful for your consideration and hope to earn your vote.

=====0000====
Today, I emailed some of my poems, my sarindaniw, my articles to my writings outlets: wwww.Ilocostimes.com; Timpuyog Journal, AMADO I. YORO Online at www.Iluko.com, to Hawaii Filipino News. I also sent out my special article to Bannawag about the Mother's Day.

Today, I forwarded the write up I wrote about the life of a "Singing Diplomat" for his review. He is currently the Deputy Consul General at the Philippine Consulate General in Honolulu. He is active in the community, good singer and master of ceremonies, He is an Ilokano born in Baguio City and claimed to have root connecting from Laoag City. He is the honorable Deputy Consul General Paul Raymund P. Cortes.

Today, Danny Villaruz and I set Wednesday April 25 a tentative meeting for the OFCC Past President Council. Danny is the Chair, I am a member of the Council, with other 17 living past presidents.

OFCC is an islandwide umbrella organization of various Filipino organizations in Oahu. Todate, there are 36 active unit members some of these had renewed their membership as a positive result of the Membership Drive that was set in 2007. That campaign was working progressively at the 3 % goal every year increase from 19 units.

Note: OFCC convention will be on June 10, 2012 at the Philippine Consulate General lanai.

No comments:

Post a Comment